Together with Citizens Advice, Justin Madders MP is encouraging people living in Ellesmere Port and Neston to be one step ahead with their finances by trying out five tips to help them keep on top of their bills and save money.
“We can all benefit from being one step ahead with our finances. Developing money management skills can give a real sense of security and helps put you in charge of your money, keep on top of bills and avoid unaffordable debt.
“I work closely with Cheshire West Citizens Advice in Whitby Road on many issues and I would encourage anyone who wants help to save money on their day-to-day costs to contact them. In 2014 over 2,500 people in the North West sought money management advice from their local Citizens Advice.
“Citizens Advice offers all sorts of online tools as well as personal advice. They can help you:
1) Build a budget - www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/help-with-debt/budgeting/budgeting-tool/
2) Check energy bills - energycompare.citizensadvice.org.uk/
3) Control your credit – if you struggle with debts contact them for help.
4) Plan your pension - Pension Wise www.pensionwise.gov.uk offers free, impartial guidance if you are over 50.
5) Manage your life - Citizens Advice offers free, impartial advice on money management and other issues.”